To ensure the importance and correctness of every purchase to be made by the department, a request of the orders can be created for approval.
- In order to create a Purchase Request, products must be encoded in the system. If you have not encoded products yet, follow our instructions on How to setup a product record.
- For a secure process, approval of requests is implemented but is optional as well. If you have not encoded approvers yet, follow our instructions on How to setup an approver.
How to create a Purchase Request
1. On the Purchasing menu, select Purchase Requisition and click Create New button on the Action section.
2. Fill in the request details and click Save.
3. Select the items you want to request from the dropdown, input the quantity and click Add button. Note: You can add items from different suppliers in one request.
4. Once the items are complete, change the status of the items (refer to the status list below) and click Convert to PO button. You may now proceed to Purchase Orders.
The Purchase Request has 4 statuses:
- Pending – unresolved item
- Submitted – submitted for approval if there are approvers Note: If you have not encoded approvers yet, kindly follow the instructions on How to setup an approver.
- Approved – approved items will be included in the Purchase Order
- Disapproved – not approved
Note: One Purchase Request with different suppliers will be separated to different POs per supplier.
Was this article helpful ?
Have more questions ? Submit a request